Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2 months!

Wow. What an amazing and life changing 2 months this has been ... and it has only just begun. I knew that weight loss surgery was a big decision that would not only affect me, but my family as well.

In January, we all went to Pacific City to climb the dunes and enjoy the beach. Brent and Taylor went to the big dune - Kaylee and I to the small one. I couldn't even get up the small one. I was treading in one spot, getting so frustrated and just wanting to give up. On Sunday, the 2 month anniversary of my surgery - we went again. This time I climbed to the top - proudly. I didn't give up. I took a couple of small breaks but I embraced the view, the solitude, the reward. That is how I view my weight loss. I may have weeks where I lose 2 pounds and others that I lose 10. But no matter how much I lose, I did it. I didn't give up. I kept going. As of Sunday, 4.19.09 I have lost 48 pounds. Here are some photos of my progress ...

Surgery Day 2.19.09
Now - 4.19.09

No comments:

Post a Comment