
Well life this last week has been interesting (and painful) to say the least ... I'll break it down for ya.
Tuesday:
I started bleeding and cramping severely. I had some blood clots and tissue pass. I was in so much pain. I left work immediately and I called my OB. She got me in right away. She did some tests, an exam and ordered an ultrasound. She stated that I more than likely had a miscarriage but that she was concerned about the level of pain I was in for how far along I would have been if that was in fact the case. She also stated that with my IUD it is very unlikely that I would become pregnant so she wanted to look at additional causes for the pain.
Wednesday:
I go in for my ultrasound in the afternoon ... they can't find my left ovary and that is where the concern is. I am told that the radiologist will look at the pictures and report the results to my doctor. I am told I will know more within 24 hours.
Thursday:
My doctor calls me in the evening and tells me that they could not find the left ovary however the right ovary looks good and my uterus is the correct size. She also states my IUD is in the correct place. (they thought that maybe with all my weight loss it may have shifted) and states I am still unable to return to work due to the level of pain I am in and wants me to talk to my primary care doctor in the morning.
Friday:
I call my primary care doctor as soon as they open. I tell his office what has happened and they advise that I go to ER or urgent care for assistance as they feel it is something they would not be able to look at in their office due to the level of pain I am in and have been in since Tuesday. I decide to call my surgeons office also and tell them what is going on just in case it might be something to do with my surgery. After talking to the surgeons office they state that it is probably not an internal hernia (that can occur after rapid weight loss when the intestines shift) and suggested that I also go to ER and request a CT scan. I get to ER. The doctors and nurses were very nice. I gave them the scoop ... they order a UA, blood tests and an ultrasound. When I get to the ultrasound I tell the tech what the previous tech found and stated. She was not able to find the left ovary either ... and trust me, we tried everything we could think of. The doctor orders a CT scan. The results - they found my left ovary! But with a CT scan, they can't see what condition it is in only that it is torqued and very high up. They also stated that I have an enlarged appendix and though they might want to operate, my white blood count is normal so they don't see a need. The ER doctor stated that I may have an acute appendicitis or the pain could be caused by my IUD. They won't release me back to work though. I get to go to my primary care doctor and talk to him about choices.
To make things better, the ER doctor said ... "I'm going to release you if you promise to see your primary care doctor on Monday. If your pain gets worse, please come back immediately. Don't hesitate. I am 95% sure that this is not something really serious but there is that 5% that makes me want to keep you here just to make sure." Oh great ... thanks for the reassurance. (he was really nice though ...) I really hope they figure out what is causing all this pain because it is so not fun. And not to mention, all this time off work is unpaid ....

I am praying for you...love you
ReplyDeleteWow, we are praying for you that all is well! Maybe we will get to see you guys when we come to Oregon for Christmas. We will be there for two weeks! Yes that is my mom in the picutre when I delivered Sawyer. It was so awesome to have her by my side!
ReplyDelete