Friday 2/5
Well ... I called the Doctor to let them know what Kaylee's blood sugar was last night and they said that they wanted to have her seen again. They said we'd do some blood work first and have a follow up appointment on Thursday 2/11. I still had Kaylee drinking the Pedialyte and any foods that she wanted ... she kept everything down and seemed fine. It was as if the last few days never even happened. It was so weird.
While all this is happening, we are still trying to get Kaylee pre-authorized for her surgery. There were some issues with the insurance however we got a call this day and were told we were approved for the surgery. The surgeons office said there was a cancellation for 2/12 and we could get her in then. She would need 2 weeks off of school, thus I would be off work for 2 weeks for recovery. We scheduled the surgery. The following week was going to be a busy one.
Monday 2/8
We stopped off at the doctors office after I got off work and went to get Kaylee's blood drawn. The lab person had a family emergency and left early for the day. I wanted to make sure we got the blood work done and back before her follow up appointment on Thursday so I asked them to send the order across the street to the hospital and we'd just do it there. They did. While we were at the hospital - Kaylee handed the tech her orders and when they called us back, Kaylee decided she would be brave. Taylor and I stood there (Taylor around the corner as he is not a fan of needles ...) and the tech asked Kaylee if she needed to hold someones hand or if she was going to move. Kaylee told her no thank you and that she was ready. And she was. She didn't move, flinch, cry, scream, anything. Taylor even poked his head around the corner and asked when they were going to do it and was shocked when he saw Kaylee laughing with the tech as she was filling the viles up. Kaylee just smiled at him and said "Look Taylor! I'm growing up and getting brave!" She was so excited.
Tuesday 2/9
We headed to Salem after work on Tuesday for the pre-op appointment. They told her she would need to get blood drawn as part of the procedures and she just smiled and handed them her arm. I let them know the situation from the past week and that she had blood drawn yesterday ... they got the results from the hospital and did not have to take more blood. We were done. Surgery was scheduled for Friday 2/12 at 10am. Check in was at 9am.
Thursday 2/11
Follow up appointment ... the results? No diabetes. Her blood sugar was actually a little LOW this time. Her keytones were still off the charts so more than likely it is another UTI. But crazy how that works because she is acting completely normal. No fever, no aching, no smelly urine, no stinging, nothing. She gets UTIs a lot and we don't know why ... and she usually has no indication she has one either. We will start her antibiotics following her surgery.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment